Friday 12 March 2010

Newbie blogger, jammy winner

500 Days of Summer Movie
I'm new to this, be gentle with me.

I decided to blog about my prize.

I won a competition on Absolute Radio, a Summer of festivals with 500 days of summer. I had to create a Spotify playlist (1), inspired by the film 500 Days of Summer (2).

... I waited on the line. Jeff Lloyd announced my line number. I had apparently forgotten how to count, and lost the power of speech for a moment, only managing 'Hello ...?' as in "what? do you mean me???". Duh. I was a bundle of nerves and elation live on-air, and managed to string together a few vaguely coherent reasons for my selection, before threatening to go jump around the room in excitement. And I did. I think I damaged my newly laid flooring.

My absolutely fabulous prize includes flights, transfers, camping tickets, and insurance for 2 people to attend 4 European festivals:
1. Isle of Wight
2. Benicassim, Spain
3. Oxegen, Ireland
4. Rock Wercter, Belgium

I will try my damnedest not to boast, but rather share my experiences with you lovely people, review the bands and post lots of photos. Enjoy!!


(1) For those of you interested, I chose Depeche Mode, Just Can't Get Enough, Ladyhawke Delerium, Godley & Creme Cry. To be honest, I was feeling quite sorry for myself and rather tipsy, as you can tell from my playlist description. I did have fun playing around on Spotify, if you have not used it before I thoroughly recommend it.

(2) 500 Days of Summer is a 'romcom' but strictly not what you would expect, it is more about often false hope, obsession and break-ups than love and the perfect relationship. Think High Fidelity for the noughties. It is a sweet, charming and fresh film - wonderfully acted, cleverly directed, wry, and very very funny. In my review I gave it 9/10. The film soundtrack would get 10/10

Free Blog Listing Online Marketing - OnToplist.com  Links  blog search directory Globe of blogs Blog Universe Anime Atom Blog Listings

No comments:

Post a Comment